|Auditions will be held Saturday, September 24th, 2011 at the Carson Theater, UNL Campus at 11th and Q Streets. Schedule is listed below.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Main door opens at 8:30 am
|9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
||14 years and older (including both males & females)
High School graduates and college students welcome
|10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
||12 & 13 year olds
|11:00 - 12:30 p.m.
||Callbacks for Group A: females begin with pointe shoes on
|12:30 - 1:45 p.m.
||Callbacks for Group B: females bring pointe shoes
|3:30 - 4:15 p.m.
||10 & 11 year olds
If you dance on pointe, bring pointe shows. However, pointe is not necessary for this age and judges may or may not ask you to dance on pointe.
|4:30 - 5:00 p.m.
||8 & 9 year olds
|5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
||Party Boys (ages 6 & older)
|5:15 - 5:30 p.m.
To be considered for a role as an Adult Party Parent, complete audition registration form,
describe your previous dance experience, and mail to LMBC, 315 S 9th, Suite 110, Lincoln, NE 68508. Must be postmarked by September 20, 2011. These parts may also be cast from the 14 & older age group.
Judges may ask you to also audition with other groups, so be prepared to stay later than the time posted for your age.
For 12 year olds and up: at the end of your first audition session, judges will tell you to come back in
Group A or Group B.
Through Sept. 15, the one-time audition fee will be
$20 and must be included with mailed registration.
After Sept. 15, the fee is $25, payable Sept. 24 at
audition. If using cash, please bring exact amount.
The fee defrays expenses of renting the audition site,
judges ’ fees and transportation and photocopying.
Checks are payable to LMBC.
For an audition application, download here or call (402) 477-8446. For more information on the Lincoln Midwest Ballet Company, please call the Artistic Office at (402) 441-0739.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to register, dress, and warm up.
- MANDATORY: Any auditioner under 18 years old MUST have a parent/guardian sign the release BEFORE auditions and bring this to the audition. Auditioners 18 and older must sign release for themselves.
- There is no indoor waiting are for parents / guarians.
- All auditioners except gymnasts and party boys must be at least 8 years old on the day of the audition. Gymnasts and party boys must be at least 6 years old on the day of the audition.
- Auditioners must be at least 12 years old, or entering 7th grade to be considered for appointment as apprentice dancers and 14 years old or entering 9th grade to be considered for company dancers.
- You must audition with your age group. Your age and grade are determined on the day of the audition.
- LMBC Board policy requires that its artistic staff participate in the audition process and has final approval of judges' casting decisions.
- Audition results will be mailed the week of September 26th. No results will be given by phone before September 28th.
If you are selected as a Company / Apprentice member, you will be included in Cinderella. Other auditioners will be considered for roles also. You will receive email notification by January 5, 2012. You will have several days to decline your role.
- Judges expect professional attire: females in pink tights, black leotards and ballet shoes; males in black tights or trousers that allow easy movement and white tee shirts.
- Be well-groomed; females' hair should be held back.
- When you register, you will be given an audition number. The judges will not know your name or dance studio.
- You will audition in groups. LMBC staff will call you in from the waiting area.
- During the audition, someone will tell you what to do. So do not worry about "What should I do when I audition?"
- If you make a mistake, don't worry about it. Go on and do your best.
- If you dance on pointe, be prepared to put on pointe shoes, but judges may choose not to ask for this or ask you to remove them.
- Smile, be yourself, and enjoy the audition.
|Thursday, December 15th, and Friday, December 16th
|Saturday, December 17, 2:00 & 7:00 p.m., and Sunday, December 18, 2:00 p.m. at Lied Center for Performing Arts
Lincoln Midwest Ballet Company requires cast members to attend all rehearsals scheduled for their parts. However, the artistic director has discretion to allow a cast member one excused absence when a rehearsal coincides with another very serious event. Such an event includes an important responsibility at the academic school, a significant dance opportunity, or a once-in-a-lifetime family event.
Download Absense Request Form PDF